NOTE: Parts of this post will contain spoilers for Game of Thrones, including the season seven finale.
Compared to most people, I’m a newer fan to both the books and TV series of Game of Thrones. I saw it when it first came out and somewhat enjoyed the first couple of episodes. I thought the twincest was a little weird but I liked the characters and story. For some reason, I didn’t keep watching. Around the time season six came out, I ended up binge watching the entire series and I am glad that I did! It turns out that everyone was right. It is one of the best shows on TV right now. The character and plot development sucked me right in.
Now, I know the show isn’t perfect, especially in the most recent season but it still kept me entertained the entire time, which says a lot. I decided to do a fun post about some thoughts I have had during my time watching the series! I am just picking the first, third, and most recent season so this isn’t a ridiculously long list.
The rest of this post will be dark and full of spoilers so continue at your own risk!
Season One –
- Did Jaime really just push a child out the window? What a douche.
- Sansa is SO annoying (I thought this several times).
- Arya is such a badass (Again, a thought that crossed my mind several times.
- They are really going with that whole twincest plot point, aren’t they?
- Well as long as Cersei and Jaime really love each other… ?
- HOW DARE THEY KILL A DIREWOLF.
- Come on, Sansa, Joff is a total douche.
- Okay, Sansa is just a kid really, so I should give her a break.
- She is annoying AF still though.
- Ugh, so lame that Daenerys is being forced into marriage. She is so young!
- Is Dany really going to eat that heart?
- Yes.. slay girl, slay!
- How about Ned Stark, eh?
- Goodbye Ned. I sense a lot of violence headed several ways.
- OH hey… dragons!
- SO Brienne is really going to take Jaime back to King’s Landing?
- I hope Arya finds her family.
- Will Dany’s dragons grow?
- Will Dany get supporters?
- OH – hell yes, Dany will get more supporters
- Will the Red Wedding episode have something to do with Sansa and Joffrey? (Yes, I somehow avoided those spoilers over the years. I had just heard of the episode!)
- My God. So this is what the Red Wedding episode is all about.
- I.P Starks
- Really shitty timing for Arya.
- Will Bran find the three-eyed raven?
- MY. GOD/ Did Ramsey just do that?
- OH – he did. Sorry, Theon, I don’t feel too bad for you though, brah.
- *SINGS THEME MUSIC*
- This season is going by pretty fast
- Is there really only seven episodes?
- I get why there are mixed reviews but I am still entertained.
- WTF JAIME, Why are you going after a woman who has a massive dragon behind her.
- Yeah, at this point, I am somehow a fan of Jaime.
- Good save, Bronn
- There is no way Jon will bend the knee.
- Aww, good job on curing Jorah, Sam!
- Sam, shut up for a moment and listen to your partner
- Just how fast can Gendry actually run?
- Will we see Gendry again? Will Arya see him again?!
- Well now Dany HAS to believe Jon about the White Walkers and the Wights.
- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not a dragon! ☹ ☹ ☹
- Of course the Night King wants a dragon for himself.
- Bran, good job saying ridiculous shit to Sansa. There’s a whole lot more you could have told her then.
- A bit later we find out that Sam supposedly was listening to Gilly.
- So Jon is the heir to the Iron Throne
- I love how it is cutting to the scene of him and Dany getting it on as Sam explain that Jon isn’t a bastard after all
- I guess Dany is the one “bending the knee” for Jon… if ya catch my drift 😉
- NO Wight Dragon VS regular dragon fight? BOOOOURNS.
- But I guess the cool blue flames make up for it….. a bit.
AND NOW … we WAIT and wait for the series finale! At least I have three more books to read/listen to for now!